VLC has today updated its app on iOS with a handful of new features. Today’s update brings the app to version 3.1.0 and includes several long-awaited features sure to please users…
The two standout features from today’s update is support for Chromecast, which allows users with the device to stream VLC to their Chromecast-enabled TV, and 360 video. Users are now able to view 360 video by simply tilting/moving their phone.
VLC is also focusing on bug fixes, and resolves issues with downloaded files disappearing, Google Drive logins, and improvements too H.264/H.265 hardware decoding.
The update is now available as a free download on the App Store for iPhone and iPad.
The full changelog can be found below:
- We added a feature many of you waited for: Chromecast support
- We fixed a bug where files on your phone were not displayed in VLC
- 360 videos can be viewed by moving your phone now
- Stability and performance improvements when decoding H.264/H.265 in hardware
- Improved audio playback quality
- Fixed a regression preventing the download of certain media files via http
- Fixed a regression where downloaded files might disappear
- Fixed a regression where users couldn’t log into Google Drive
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.