Whether you’re new to Apple Watch, or just enjoy having the official user guide from Apple as a reference, having it on hand can be useful for yourself in addition to helping others.
Apple makes the official user guides for its devices available for free in digital formats. You can find physical copies from various third-parties ranging from around $10-$20 on Amazon, but the free official Apple Watch guide has some benefits.
Aside from being the official guide from Apple, it is updated over time as the company releases new software and changes come to Apple Watch. Another big benefit is that the Apple Books guide is quickly searchable.
Apple Watch: How to get the official Apple user guide for free
- Follow the corresponding link to the free official user guide for Apple Watch
- You can download the free Apple Books user guide on Mac, iPhone, or iPad
- After clicking the link above, follow the prompts to download the free user guide with Apple Books
Follow along with the walkthrough below for more specifics:
After following the link to the free user guide, tap Get and then Read to open it as shown above.
On iPad and iPhone, you can swipe to turn pages, don’t forget to tap the screen to use the table of contents, search, and bookmark features up top.
While it’s often handy to have these user guides downloaded to your device, you can also use the web versions.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iPhone & iPad: How to use Do Not Disturb for Messages
- Mac: How to delete a user on macOS
- iOS: How to leave a group iMessage
- iPhone & iPad: How to forget wireless networks
- iPhone: How to toggle Call waiting
- Mac: How to lock screen
- iPhone: How to hide Caller ID
- Mac: How to forget wireless networks
- iPhone & iPad: How to enable data roaming