The Siri watch face arrived last year and offers a nice mix of smart recommendations and alerts from weather, calendar, reminders, Apple Music, and more. But what about sports scores and updates? Fortunately for sports fans, Apple is bringing this functionality to the Siri watch face with watchOS 5, here’s how to turn it on.
watchOS 5 is still only available as a developer beta, but the sports updates feature is live now. Apple is expected to release watchOS 5 to the public next month.
Making sure this feature is turned on and customized for the teams you want to follow is a bit buried, start by heading to the TV app on your iPhone.
watchOS 5: How to add sports updates to the Siri watch face
- Open the TV app on iPhone
- At the bottom, tap on Sports
- Swipe down and select Pick Your Favorite Teams
- Make your selections by tapping the + sign
- In the Apple Watch app, tap on the Siri watchface and make sure Favorite Teams is toggled
Check out the images below for a more detailed walkthrough:
Tap the + to add more teams, or Done to go back and add favorite teams from another sport. You can return to the bottom of the sports tab in the TV app to edit your favorite teams in the future.
Also, as shown below, you can head to the Apple Watch app and then tap on the Siri watch face to make sure Favorite Teams is toggled on at the top.
Once you’re up and running with your teams selected, you’ll start receiving updates on the Siri watch face.
More stories on watchOS 5:
- Using Apple Watch running cadence and pace alerts in watchOS 5
- watchOS 5: How to force Walkie-Talkie to re-appear
- watchOS 5 beta now includes ‘Raise To Speak’ Siri on Apple Watch without ‘Hey Siri’
- Hands-on: Walkie-Talkie on Apple Watch with watchOS 5 beta 2 [Video]