One of the more bizarre things we’ve seen in the watchOS 5 betas is that some users (including myself) are experiencing the Walkie-Talkie app disappearing throughout the beta process.
The good news is that there seems to be a fix to this issue. Follow along to learn how…
Fortunately, the problem seems to be related to the FaceTime app on the paired iPhone. Specifically, users who choose to hide/delete the app from the Home screen. The workaround for now is to re-install the FaceTime app on iPhone.
- Head to the App Store on iPhone.
- Tap on the Search tab at the bottom and then type in FaceTime.
- Look for the FaceTime app made by Apple and tap the Cloud icon to re-download the app.
- Wait for it to re-appear on the Home screen.
- After a few more moments, check Apple Watch and Walkie-Talkie should now re-appear on the Home screen.
The number of users who remove the FaceTime app on their iPhone will likely be fairly low. Though this is a sign that if your country prohibits the use of FaceTime and bans the app entirely, Walkie-Talkie will likely not be available in your country, either.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- Mac: How to check for updates
- macOS Mojave: How to use new screenshot and screencast tools without Grab
- How to fix stuck MacBook and MacBook Pro keybaord
- How to add secondary destinations in Apple Maps while navigating
- How to turn True Tone on and off for macOS and iOS
- How to set 24-hour time on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch & Mac
- How to prepare your Mac for an upgrade to a new MacBook Pro
- macOS: How to set a custom Siri keyboard shortcut
- How to update Sonos speakers for AirPlay 2 and HomeKit
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.