Raise to Wake is a super useful feature on the iPhone. It lets you turn on the screen by simply raising it. However, this can be annoying at times, especially if you carry your iPhone in a backpack or purse, causing the screen to wake at unintended times.
Follow along to learn how to turn it off…
iPhone: How to disable Raise to Wake
- Fire up Settings > Display & Brightness.
- Turn the Raise to Wake toggle to off.
And that’s all there is to it! Now you’ll need to either press the side button, tap the screen (iPhone X), or press the Home button (iPhone 8 or older).
Note: This feature is not available on iPads or iPod touches.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- Mac: How to change Apple Pay billing and shipping address
- Apple Watch: How to keep the screen on longer
- iPhone & iPad: How to disable Wi-Fi Auto-Join
- macOS Mojave: How to hide recent apps in the Dock
- How to use AirPort Express for AirPlay 2 with existing router
- iPhone & iPad: How to customize Podcasts app settings
- iPhone: How to enable character counter in the Messages app
- iPhone & iPad: How to turn off or on location services and GPS
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.