Whether you’re just getting into podcasts, or haven’t dialed in your preferences yet, follow along for how to customize the Podcasts app settings.
Depending on the type of podcasts you like to listen to, how you want your iPhone or iPad to download episodes, and more, it’s valuable to customize your Podcasts app settings.
Head below for a look at some of the features you can fine tune for a better Podcasts app experience.
iPhone & iPad: How to customize Podcasts app settings
- Open Settings
- Swipe down and tap on Podcasts
- Take a look at and customize the Episode Downloads, Skip Buttons, and External Controls options
Here’s how the process looks:
Particularly if you like to listen to longer-form podcasts, changing the external controls to skip forward/back instead of next/previous is useful.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iPhone: How to enable character counter in the Messages app
- iPhone & iPad: How to turn off or on location services and GPS
- Apple Watch: How to enable power saving mode for the Workouts app
- How to clean HomePod and remove wear
- iPhone: How to customize transit directions in Apple Maps
- watchOS 5: How to add sports updates to the Siri watch face
- iPhone: How to disable short names for contacts