While still in beta, macOS Mojave has added a new feature that is arguably bad for most of the population. By default, macOS Mojave will now show the three most recently used apps in your dock.
Follow along to learn how to disable this feature…
macOS Mojave: How to hide recent apps in the Dock
- Fire up System Preferences > Dock.
- All the way at the bottom of the pane, untick the box Show recent applications in Dock.
At least it’s an option. Personally, don’t like showing the most recent apps in the Dock, especially if those apps are already in the Dock as macOS isn’t smart enough to hide apps that are already in the Dock.
Showing recent apps can also be slightly annoying with Mac notebooks as the Dock can be cramped due to screen real estate.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to use AirPort Express for AirPlay 2 with existing router
- iPhone & iPad: How to customize Podcasts app settings
- iPhone: How to enable character counter in the Messages app
- iPhone & iPad: How to turn off or on location services and GPS
- Apple Watch: How to enable power saving mode for the Workouts app
- How to clean HomePod and remove wear
- iPhone: How to customize transit directions in Apple Maps
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.