macOS Mojave was released to the public last month, and since then we’ve seen third-party apps slowly update to support the new Dark Mode interface. According to Microsoft Office product manager Akshay Bakshi, Microsoft Office will soon add support for a Dark Mode interface.
Ecobee HomeKit Thermostat
While Bakshi’s original tweet only offered a teaser showing Microsoft Word’s navigation pane switch to Dark Mode, we can now get a full look at Microsoft PowerPoint’s Dark Mode interface. As you can see in the above image, Microsoft Office Dark Mode will theme the entire application.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem that all of Microsoft’s Office applications will add Dark Mode support, at least at the start. Currently, Word, Excel and PowerPoint are the only ones being tested by the company, but that could change in the future.
Microsoft Office Dark Mode support will be a welcome update for users of the Microsoft suite of applications. Currently, Microsoft Office apps feature predominantly white interfaces, which makes them jarring when macOS is set to Dark Mode.
Microsoft Office Dark Mode is available now to Officer Insider beta testers, with a full release to follow. Earlier today, Microsoft Outlook for iOS was updated with optimization for the iPhone XS and iPhone XR.
What are some of your favorite Dark Mode applications on macOS Mojave? Let us know down in the comments!
— Akshay Bakshi 🎉 (@AgentAkki) October 29, 2018
📣 Office Visual Refresh and Dark Mode support rolling out now to Insiders Fast with build 181029!
— Akshay Bakshi 🎉 (@AgentAkki) October 30, 2018
- Microsoft Outlook for iOS updated with support for iPhone XS Max and XR
- These are the best apps with Dark Mode support on macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Things 3.7 updated for macOS Mojave, brings Dark Mode to El Capitan and later
- New Safari beta allows websites to adapt their theme to complement macOS Mojave in Dark Mode
- Hulu now has a Dark Mode for finding and watching videos on the web
- Timing app for macOS updated with improved design, Dark Mode, Chinese localization, more