Improved collaboration with iCloud Drive is arriving with iOS 13, iPadOS 13, and macOS Catalina. Follow along for how to share iCloud Drive folders from iPhone and iPad in the newest software releases.
Shared folders has been a long requested feature from iCloud Drive users and the latest iPhone, iPad, and Mac software offers up an easy way to share with others, including multiple folders at a time. There are also some handy permission options that come along with the new feature.
Note: This feature has been removed from iOS 13 and could be available with the release of iOS 13.2.
iOS 13: How to share iCloud Drive folders from iPhone and iPad
- Open the Files app and navigate to iCloud Drive
- Firm press on a folder then tap Share
- To share multiple folders, tap Select
- Choose multiple folders, tap the Share icon (square with up arrow)
Here’s a more detailed look at the process on iPhone:
To quickly share one folder, firm press and use the share option toward the bottom of the list.
You can also swipe up on the share sheet as shown below and choose Add People. This will allow you to share the same folder with multiple people.
At the bottom of the screen, you can dial in sharing permissions like who can view the folders and if they can make changes. The default is set as “Only people you invite” can access the folders, and “Can make changes” for permission.
If you’d like to share multiple folders, tap Select as shown above in third and fourth screenshots then tap the share icon.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to set iPhone Communication Limits for your kid with Screen Time in iOS 13
- How to download any size app over cellular with iPhone in iOS 13
- How to use the new Street View-like ‘Look Around’ feature in Apple Maps on iOS 13
- How to use Memoji Stickers on iPhone in iOS 13
- How to use Dark Mode on iPhone in iOS 13
- How to switch WiFi networks from Control Center in iOS 13
- Hands-on: The new QuickPath swipe keyboard in iOS 13 is a useful new addition for typing
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.