iOS 13 Features
During its WWDC 2019 keynote, Apple officially unveiled iOS 13 for iPhone. While we had a good idea of what to expect, Apple still offered some surprises. There’s a new swipe-style keyboard called QuickPath, the Photos app has received notable new features and changes with smart clutter reduction software, a new editing experience, and a new “Photos” tab, while Siri Shortcuts has become more capable with new multi-step and suggested automations. The update also brings a new Siri feature that allows users to instantly reply to messages.
As for one of the most anticipated features, the system-wide Dark Mode has officially arrived on iOS. Apple showed off the new dark theme with the tagline “iOS now lives in the dark.”
Many other improvements and changes coming this fall include a redesigned share sheet, app downloads are 50% smaller, 2x faster app launch speed, Memoji Stickers and Memoji Makeup, HomeKit-enabled routers and HomeKit Secure Video, a new “Sign in with Apple” option for logging into third-party services, all-new Apple Maps, and much more.
If you want to go in depth on some of the minor changes, check out 65+ features that Apple didn’t announce during its Keynote.
iOS 13 Release Date
The newest version of iOS is expected to be released in the fall of 2019 for iPhone. A developer beta is was released at WWDC 2019. A public beta is set to arrive in July.
iOS 13 Device Support
These are the devices that will be supported:
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPod touch (7th generation)
- Apple officially unveils iOS 13 for iPhone at WWDC 2019 with Dark Mode, swipe keyboard, more
- Hands-on: This is what Dark Mode looks like in iOS 13 [Gallery]
- This is the new volume indicator in iOS 13
- iOS 13 and AirPods: Reply to messages instantly with Siri, share audio between people, HomePod handoff
- Apple launches Sign in with Apple button for apps, ‘no tracking’ login
- iOS 13 removes 200 MB file size limit for app downloads over cellular
- Apple announces SwiftUI, a modern declarative user interface framework for Apple platforms
- iOS 13 will automatically silence spam and unknown callers using Siri intelligence
- Apple announces all-new CarPlay with new interface and Siri control for third-party apps
- Apple unveils ARKit 3 with people occlusion, motion capture, multiple face tracking, and more
- Apple announces RealityKit and Reality Composer
- HomePod gets multi-user support, along with music handoff