So you have an iPhone 8 or 8 Plus laying around, and you’re wondering what it’s worth. Great, you’ve come to the right place! You might be surprised how simple it is to ditch your old iPhone 8 or 8 Plus and get on with updating to the latest iPhone. But first, let’s find out how much it’s worth and how to get the most value for your trade.
How much is your iPhone 8 worth?
The iPhone 8 is worth between $120 and $148, depending on whether you trade in the Plus model, the storage size, its condition, and whether or not you will take store credit.
How to check your iPhone 8’s trade in value
It’s not the newest iOS device on the block, so its value isn’t going to be anywhere near your initial purchase price. But if you’re smart, you can probably get a fair buck or two. With the rapid-fire tick tock iPhone release cycle, there’s pretty much nothing you can do but just try your best to squeeze out each little dollar.
But clearly that doesn’t mean your iPhone 8 is worthless. In fact, you might find it to be worth more than you expected, and there’s also other altruistic motives you could use your old iPhone 8 to pursue. If you really just want to recycle it and get that iPhone 8 off your hands, consider trading it in through our trade-in portal where you can get a fair value and avoid the hassle.
Here’s a quick list of trade in sites that can tell how much your iPhone 8 or 8 Plus is currently valued at. Simply head to their sites to check out how much they’re currently offering:
- 9to5Mac trade in w/ MyPhones Unlimited (support the site!)
- Apple GiveBack
- Verizon trade in program
- T-Mobile trade in program
- AT&T trade in program
- Sprint trade in program
If you want to do the work of selling your phone yourself, you’ll probably be able to get a little bit more than any of these trade in programs are able to offer. Selling your iPhone 8 or 8 Plus on eBay, Swappa, Letgo, or Craigslist will almost certainly get you the most money in return for your used goods, but they also require the most effort.
Latest iPhone 8 trade in values for June 2020
Every month, we go through some of the top trade in sites to find some of the best deals. Here are some of the top trade in values for iPhone 8 and 8 Plus for June 2020:
- MyPhones via 9to5Mac: $120 cash (64GB, unlocked, good) (Support the site!)
- MyPhones via 9to5Mac: $140 cash (256GB, unlocked, good) (Support the site!)
- Apple Trade-In: Up to $170 Apple Gift Card (any capacity, unlocked, good)
- Gazelle: $134 cash (64GB, unlocked, good)
- Gazelle: $148 cash (256GB, unlocked, good)
You can read about your various options for trading in and selling your iPhone 8 and 8 Plus in our full ultimate guide. There, you’ll also find even more options for trading in your iPhone 8 and 8 Plus to get the max value possible.
- How to Trade in Your iPhone — The Ultimate Guide
- How to Trade in Your iPad — The Ultimate Guide
- How to Trade in Your Apple Watch — The Ultimate Guide
- How to Trade in Your MacBook — The Ultimate Guide
- How to Trade in Your AirPods — The Ultimate Guide
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.