Apple surely has lots of whiz-bang new features planned for the new flagship iPhone this fall, but the number one feature on my wish list this year is a radical new design. Given the choice between a new iPhone with the same design plus new features like wireless charging and facial recognition or a new iPhone with a new design and no new features, I’d absolutely choose the new design.
Check out our top stories on iPhone 8:
- WSJ: iPhone 8 to replace Lightning connector with a USB-C port, feature curved OLED screen
- Apple granted patent for fingerprint reader embedded in display; could allow auto-authentication
- Samsung Galaxy S8 leaks preview the kind of form factor we’re expecting from the iPhone 8
- Apple reportedly has multiple groups developing wireless charging as tech rumored for iPhone 8
- KGI: OLED iPhone 8 to feature ‘revolutionary’ 3D-sensing front camera, detects depth for games and facial recognition
- KGI: iPhone 8 will feature new 3D Touch pressure-sensitive sensor to work with flexible OLED display
- iPhone 8 rumored to feature better waterproofing than iPhone 7, tout IP68 rating
The 10th anniversary iPhone will be released this year and it’s shaping up to be a big update. Predictions so far include a glass and stainless steel redesign with a bezel-less OLED display, a new in-display Touch ID paired with facial recognition, updates to 3D Touch, improved waterproofing, wireless charging, and more.
Analysts are predicting that the iPhone 8 will outsell the iPhone 6 as there is a larger base of iPhone users waiting to upgrade than ever before.