The Music app gets some nice improvements with iOS 14 and iPadOS 14, and one specific to the latter is fullscreen time synced lyrics. Read along for how to use fullscreen live lyrics on iPad.
Fullscreen live lyrics came first to iPhone in iOS 13 followed by macOS Catalina earlier this year. However, with iPadOS 13, live lyrics in the Music app only show up on the right-third of the screen in landscape and the right-ish half of the screen in portrait orientation.
Now with iPadOS 14, the live lyrics show up in a nice fullscreen layout that matches what previously arrived for Mac. Keep in mind live lyrics aren’t available for all songs in Apple Music, but they’ll show up automatically when they are.
How to use fullscreen live lyrics on iPad in iPadOS 14
- Open the Music app on iPad
- Pick some music to play
- Tap the now playing bar at the bottom of your screen
- Tap the quotation mark-icon in the bottom right of your screen to turn on fullscreen live lyrics (when available)
- If you want to seek back or forward in a track, you can tap on a section of lyrics to jump to that part of the song. Here’s how it looks:
- If live lyrics aren’t available, they’ll appear smaller and you’ll need to swipe to follow along. Not as handy for karaoke-style fun but still usable.
Read more 9to5Mac tutorials:
- Hands-on with 250+ iOS 14 beta features and changes [Video]
- Hands-on with iPadOS 14 beta features and changes – Apple Pencil gains power [Video]
- iOS 14: Here’s how to use the new iPhone home screen widgets
- iOS 14: How to do Picture in Picture video multitasking on iPhone
- iOS 14: How to watch 4K YouTube videos on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV
- iOS 14: How the compact call interface works on iPhone
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.