Zac has read the new book on Apple and Jony Ive, ‘After Steve’. We break down the intriguing anecdotes shared about Ive, Cook, Forstall and others as well as our opinion on the book as a whole. Plus, in the news, Apple Pay is in the sights of the EU competition commission and Apple commits to supporting the FIDO standards for passwordless authentication.
Sponsored by Kolide: Got Slack? Got Macs? Get Kolide: Device security that fixes challenging problems by messaging your users on Slack. Try Kolide Today!
Zac Hall @apollozac
Benjamin Mayo @bzamayo
- Apple shares criteria for removing ‘abandoned’ software from App Store, extending response window
- Dutch watchdog considers Apple actions ‘insufficient’ on App Store payment system policies on dating apps
- EU announces preliminary view that Apple abused dominant market position for Apple Pay by restricting access to NFC chip
- ‘After Steve’ book review and tidbits: Forstall friction, Apple Car origin, Jony’s exit
- The final years of Jony Ive at Apple: relationship with Tim Cook, Apple Watch vision, and burnout to come
- Apple, Google, and Microsoft to extend support for FIDO ‘passwordless’ sign-in
- WWDC 2022 guests will be the first to see the new Developer Center at Apple Park
- Apple opening submissions for in-person WWDC 2022 application next week
- Apple Music now available on Roku streaming devices, smart TVs
Listen to more Happy Hour Episodes
Listen to more 9to5 Podcasts
Enjoy the podcast?
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.