IMDb iOS app eyes 20M+ downloads, celebrates with massive update
IMDb, the unofficial resume for everyone and everything Hollywood, just announced its iOS and Android apps have experienced more than 40 million total downloads. The iOS counterpart claimed half of those downloads, and IMDb is celebrating with today’s launch of “highly anticipated discovery, personalization and social features.”
Version 2.7 now includes:
- – Movies & TV shows: check in and share what you are watching to Facebook and Twitter
- – Message Boards: access general boards, or dive into discussions about your favorite people, movies, and shows
- – Filming Locations & Soundtracks: find even more IMDb data to satisfy your curiosity
- – More Like This: discover new movies and shows while you browse
- – Watchlist: tap the plus sign on posters to build your Watchlist
- – TV shows: easily dive into each season, and tap ‘previous’ and ‘next’ to browse through episodes
- – Your History: long-press on the Back button from any page to access pages you’ve recently viewed
- – Various bug fixes and performance improvements
The IMDb Movies & TV app is a free app at the App Store. It rates 4 stars, based on more than 112,000 reviews, as of press time.
The press release is below.