It was an update day yesterday for Apple. Having released an updated version of MobileMe Control Panel for Windows that added compatibility with the new MobileMe Calendar backend in Outlook for Windows, Apple also unleashed Snow Leopard Font Update and iPhoto 9.1.2.
The former, available as a standalone installer here, contains fixes for Snow Leopard 10.6.7 that “address issues displaying and printing certain OpenType fonts”, per Apple’s release notes. iPhoto 9.1.2 comes with a new card theme and a bunch of fixes highlighted right after the break.
The 106MB download addresses an issue that prevented the zoom slider from being accessible in Magnify (1-Up) view, another one where toolbars were not auto-hiding in full screen view as well as minor formatting issues with book, card and calendar themes. It now lets you drag-select multiple book pages when in All Pages view and it preserves photo backgrounds in your books when book type is changed.
Plus, your design tools in print project panels are now accessible via separate Layout and Options buttons. iPhoto 9.1.2 also fixes problems with some iPhoto 5 libraries not upgrading correctly.
The updated program will finally show correct email message size when changes are made using the Photo Size menu. It also supports Tab key to navigate through all text fields in a book project and brings improvements to the search field.
- Snow Leopard 10.6.7 causing iTunes crashes for some MacBook Air owners (9to5mac.com)
- Supplemental 13″ MacBook Air Update solves iTunes freezes (9to5mac.com)
- Apple releases iTunes 10.2.1, updated Java for OS X (9to5mac.com)
- PWntoOWN bug fixed in the latest 10.6.7 software update (9to5mac.com)
- Front Row is missing from 10.7 Lion (9to5mac.com)
- 10.7 Lion drops support for PowerPC applications (9to5mac.com)
- Did Apple cut owners of decade old G3 Macs out of the iTunes Store? (9to5mac.com)