Last week, Apple said it would be updating iOS software (“bugs”) to only store a week’s worth of location data as well as allowing users to turn off the storing of location data. That update is coming in a few weeks according to BGR:
…we have been told it will address:
- The update will no longer back up the location database to iTunes.
- The size of the location database will be reduced.
- The location database will be deleted entirely when Location Services are turned off.
- Battery life improvements.
- iPod bug fixes.
Here’s the rundown
- Apple sets the record straight on location tracking: It was a bug, fix is underway (9to5mac.com)
- South Korea, others to probe Apple over Locationgate? (9to5mac.com)
- Apple now field-testing iOS 5 with App Store applications (9to5mac.com)