Ah, to be European with an overzealous package fulfillment service (DHL). Deliveries have already started including one of many Macerkopf readers:
Update: In an email, iPhone Italia said they ‘disassembled’ the iPhone 4S but from the site, it appears only to be spare parts.
iPhoneitalia has taken it upon themselves to compare iPhone 4S parts with the iPhone 4.
In the old camera was attached to the solenoid lenses and the whole group moved to focus the image, in this new camera is outside the solenoid, and moves only slowly, so we think this is also an effect on the improved shooting speed. The CCD is unchanged in size.
Here’s the initial observations (machine translated):
The ‘Touch LCD and have remained virtually unchanged, the only differences are:1) screw placement, which is changed according to the new shell with antenna diversity;
2) the patina around the proximity sensor is now placed in a slightly different way, to solve definitely the problem with the sensor that some users complain. Also now more visible is the area of the light sensor, presumably to make it more sensitive.As for the back of iPhone 4S:
1) The hook at the top near the camera was the first time plastic metal;2) The glass in front of the camera’s flash is smooth, while the first had ridges that were used to spread the light, but that created problems of reflections;
3) the back is more shielded than before.
Slightly bigger battery (5.25 -> 5.3 Whr or 1420 mAh or 1430 mAh) detailled below:
- iPhone 4S clocked at 800MHz, still crushes iPhone 4 (and everyone else) as advertised (9to5mac.com)
- rooCASE Case, Stylus, more for Apple iPhone 4 / 4S for $9 + free shipping (9to5toys.com)