Confirming what we already told you yesterday, Apple has said the company has no current plans to implement Siri into any other iOS devices besides the iPhone 4S. Apple confirmed the news in an email (seen after the break) to developer Michael Steeber.
Engineering has provided the following feedback regarding this issue:Siri only works on iPhone 4S and we currently have no plans to support older devices.
That doesn’t mean however that developers won’t continue to work on building Siri for later iOS device — like the iPhone 4 and 3GS. Curious to see how it works on an iPhone 4? Check it out after the break, along with a screenshot of the email:
- Yes, Apple tested Siri on the iPhone 4 and other devices – but it means nothing (9to5mac.com)
- iPhone 4S pre-orders sell out in Hong Kong in 10 minutes, supply elsewhere “still a gating factor” (9to5mac.com)
- Siri voice command system ported from iPhone 4S to iPhone 4 (video) (9to5mac.com)
- What reception problems? Consumer Reports recommends iPhone 4S, but… (9to5mac.com)
- China Unicom drops 16/32GB iPhone 4, preps 8GB model as iPhone 4S pends regulatory approval (9to5mac.com)