With the Intel CPU news today, a 9to5Mac commenter posted the above fake commercial in our comments.
The joint mechanism is obviously a fake, but it would not be out of the realm of possibility to see a 360-degree hinge on the next generation of MacBooks coupled with a touch display —especially because Apple has taken the Mac OS in the same direction as iOS during the last few years.
More usability is made available in the MacBook with a 360-degree hinge, but it also creates less need for an iPad, which does not bode well for this concept.
- Is Apple experiencing hiccups with GPUs on the next generation MacBooks? (9to5mac.com)
- Everybody says new 15-inch MacBook Air is coming, details scant (9to5mac.com)
- Refurb Apple MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz 13″ Laptop for $400 + $19 s&h (9to5toys.com)
- Apple MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.4GHz 12″ SSD Laptop for $699 + free shipping (9to5toys.com)
- The next Macs will likely have one of these Intel Ivy Bridge processors, due in a month (9to5mac.com)