9to5Mac once again scoured the App Store for the most notable apps that launched, updated, or announced news recently and gathered them in our usual list below.
Today’s crop includes updates for popular iOS games like Cut the Rope and Angry Birds Star Wars, as well as enhancements to social apps like Highlight and Klip. There also a few noteworthy new apps and price drops. Check out the full roundup below, but keep checking back as we continually update throughout the day.
2. Highlight| Free
The app that locates nearby friends is now at version 1.3.1 today. The update includes performance improvements, bug fixes, and “reduced resource consumption.”
3. Angry Birds Star Wars | 99 cents
Rovio just launched version 1.1.0 with a bunch of shiny new features, including: 20 levels on the ice world of Hoth, an “attractive” power for Pink bird as Princess Leia, two bonus levels, and more.
4. Angry Birds Star Wars HD | $2.99
Rovio didn’t leave the HD version of its app by the wayside today; it is now at version 1.1.0 with the same new features as listed above.
5. Pageonce | Free
The popular app that tracks bills just went to version 5.71. The full changelog includes:
- Celebrate our 4th year on iOS – get Bill Pay for free!
- Schedule Payments: Plan ahead and set up your bill payment in advance
- Shiny new app icon
Get more below.
- Action Movie FX 2.0, Skype WiFi, my AT&T, Kik Messenger, more (9to5mac.com)
- New report suggests iPad Mini to be available with Wi-Fi only; 10-inch iPad to be updated for UK 4G network (9to5mac.com)
- Logitech’s Solar Keyboard for Mac, iPad and iPhone: $60 (9to5mac.com)
- 4490 mAh iPad Mini battery is almost exactly 3X size of iPhone and 1/3 of the iPad (9to5mac.com)
6. FIFA SOCCER 13 by EA SPORTS | $6.99
Version 1.0.4 is live and boasts the ability to control and build a “dream squad” with FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT). According to the app’s description, users can use FUT to choose their play style, formation, kits, etc. The update also brought Game Center integration and behind-the-scenes fixes that improved overall gameplay. Unfortunately, 3.4 GB of free space is required to perform the update (but it will use about 1.7 GB of space when updated).
7. Cut the Rope | 99 cents
This popular game by developer Chillingo just rolled out version 2.0.1, and it notably features support for iOS 4.3 and later. The update also packaged various bug fixes and improvements.
8. Cut the Rope HD for iPad | $3.99
The HD version of Chillingo’s app is also at version 2.0.1, but the changelog includes support for iPad 1 and iOS 4.3 and later. The latest version also sports various bug fixes and improvements.
9. StumbleUpon! | Free
Internet-exploration app StumbleUpon is out with version 3.2.1, and the full changelog features:
- Create and edit Lists and add pages to Lists while you Stumble
- Share Lists with your friends and follow their Lists
- Notifications when you receive a Share or a new Follower
- Explore over 500+ Interests and keywords using Explorer Box
- Minor bug fixes
10. News360 | Free
This news aggregator is now live with version 3.6, and the update sports a bevy of new tweaks and improvements. The app has a refreshed UI with a new ‘Home’ feed, iPhone 5 optimization, fresh intro screen, and a new way to “structure and organize your interests.”
11. Klip Video Sharing | Free
Version 4.0.0 of this social video-sharing app just hit the App Store with the following enhancements:
- Start private text or video conversations with Klip Messages, a fully integrated social messaging system
- Respond to a video with a video of your own with Video Replies!
- Express yourself with fun one tap comments
- Beautiful redesign of the video watch page and of the recording flow
12. Pocket | Free
The app that lets users find something on the web and view it later just launched version 4.2.6, following an update to its Mac counterpart earlier this week. The update includes many tweaks and features, such as: improvements to Evernote sharing, redesigned Tweet attribution, sharing to Tweetbot, refined logo graphic, enhanced toolbar buttons, and many fixes for sharing and the reader.
14. Hulu Plus | Free
This subscription-based, unlimited instant streaming app went to version 2.6.3 today for easy access to “ad-free Kids content.”
1. Fantastical | $1.99
Flexbits, makers of the popular Fantastical Mac app, this morning launched an iPhone version of its streamlined calendar app with the goal of bringing the simplicity and user-friendly experience it’s become known for on the Mac to iOS users. Check out 9to5Mac’s full review.
- The Sims 3 World Adventures | 99 cents (was $2.99)
- SHIFT 2 Unleashed | 99 cents (was $2.99)
- MADDEN NFL 12 by EA SPORTS™ For iPad | 99 cents (was $6.99)
- Vintagio | 99 cents (was $1.99)
- Mash | 99 cents (was $1.99)