Adobe last night updated its Photoshop Lightroom photo manipulation and organization Mac application to 4.3, which includes support for Retina display, a ton of bugfixes (documented below), and support for new cameras. A beta with partial Retina support was released last month.
Lightroom 4.3 is now available as a final release on Adobe.com and through the update mechanism in Lightroom 4. The goal of this release is to provide additional camera raw support, lens profile support, and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom.
Bugs Corrected in Lightroom 4.3:
The following bugs that were part the Lightroom 4 releases have been corrected. The team appreciates the very detailed feedback the community has provided on Lightroom 4 and we’re excited to correct a number of issues experienced by our customers. These issues have been FIXED:
- Autolayout produces a Book with the correct amount of pages but without any images added. Please note that this only occurs when the filter is set to “Unused”.
- Uploading large panorama images to Revel cased Lightroom to crash.
- The “Unused” filter was not properly filtering images within the Book Module.
- Lightroom hangs while changing the Exposure adjustment by typing in a numeric adjustment. Please note that this only occurs when the Enter key is not typed to confirm the adjustment and another Develop adjustment is tried. Also please note that this only occurs on Windows.
- After creating a new folder in Lightroom, attempting to undo that folder can sometimes cause a corrupt catalog.
- An image can be simultaneously flagged as both a Pick and Reject at the same time.
- Using multiple colors within a single text cell within the Book Module can cause Lightroom to crash.
- Unable to post photos to Flickr when the image filename contains an apostrophe.
- The active Develop slider, the one controlled with + and – keys, defaults to Exposure when moving from one photo to another.
- Catalogs from Photoshop Elements 11 would not update in Lightroom.
- Site titles longer than 70 characters created in the Web Module can cause Lightroom to freeze.
- Cell padding linking lost between sessions.
- Deleting the top image in a stack causes the entire stack to disappear.
- Tethered capture fails when turning camera off and back on. This also can occur if the camera goes to sleep and then wakes. This occurs only with Canon cameras and on Mac only.
- Cropping an image to a small size sometimes causes the image in Develop to become blurry.
- AVCHD video formats are not properly importing into Lightroom. Please note that this only occurred on Mac.
- Enable Profile Corrections does not auto find iPhone 4 profile.
- Crop doesn’t update in second monitor if navigator panel closed. Please note that this only occurred on Mac.
- TIFF files can experience tonal shifts within Lightroom.
- Mask overlay are displayed in filmstrip and navigator. They should only be displayed in the Develop Loupe.
- Video files created on an iPhone 4 flickers when played in Lightroom.
New Camera Support in Lightroom 4.3:
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon PowerShot S110
- Canon PowerShot G15
- Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
- Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000
- Casio Exilim EX-FC300S
- Leica M-E
- Nikon 1 V2
- Nikon D5200
- Nikon D600*
- Olympus PEN E-PL5
- Olympus PEN E-PM2
- Olympus STYLUS XZ-2 iHS
- Panasonic DMC-GH3
- Pentax K-5 II
- Pentax K-5 IIs
- Pentax Q10
- Sony DSC-RX1
- Sony NEX-VG30
- Sony NEX-VG900
* Please note that preliminary support was available in Lightroom 4.2. This release adds full support for the Nikon D600.
New Lens Profile Support in Lightroom 4.3:
|Lens Name||Lens Mount|
|Apple iPhone 4S||Apple|
|Apple iPhone 5||Apple|
|Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM||Canon|
|Sigma APO Macro 180mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM||Canon|
|Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC A009E||Canon|
|Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Macro Di VC USD F004E||Canon|
|LEICA APO-ELMARIT-R 180 mm f/2.8||Leica|
|LEICA APO-MACRO-ELMARIT-R 100 mm f/2.8||Leica|
|LEICA APO-SUMMICRON-R 90 mm f/2 ASPH.||Leica|
|LEICA APO-SUMMICRON-R 180 mm f/2||Leica|
|LEICA APO-TELYT-R 280 mm f/2.8||Leica|
|LEICA APO-TELYT-R 280 mm f/4||Leica|
|LEICA APO-TELYT-R 400 mm f/2.8||Leica|
|LEICA APO-TELYT-R 400 mm f/4||Leica|
|LEICA APO-TELYT-R 560 mm f/4||Leica|
|LEICA APO-TELYT-R 560 mm f/5.6||Leica|
|LEICA APO-TELYT-R 800 mm f/5.6||Leica|
|LEICA ELMARIT-R 19 mm f/2.8||Leica|
|LEICA ELMARIT-R 28 mm f/2.8||Leica|
|LEICA MACRO-ELMARIT-R 60 mm f/2.8||Leica|
|LEICA SUMMICRON-R 35 mm f/2||Leica|
|LEICA SUMMICRON-R 50 mm f/2||Leica|
|LEICA SUMMILUX-R 35 mm f/1.4||Leica|
|LEICA SUMMILUX-R 50 mm f/1.4||Leica|
|LEICA SUMMILUX-R 80 mm f/1.4||Leica|
|Leica VARIO-ELMARIT-R 28-90 mm f/2,8-4,5 ASPH.||Leica|
|Leica VARIO-ELMAR-R 80-200 mm f/4||Leica|
|Leica VARIO-ELMAR-R 35-70 mm f/4||Leica|
|Leica VARIO-ELMAR-R 21-35 mm f/3,5-4 ASPH.||Leica|
|Leica VARIO-APO-ELMARIT-R 70-180 mm f/2.8||Leica|
|Sigma APO Macro 180mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM||Nikon|
|PENTAX 06 Telephoto Zoom||Pentax|
|Sigma APO Macro 180mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM||Sigma|
|Sigma DP1 Merrill Compact Digital Camera||Sigma|