The Square Register app was updated today with a number of new features for merchants on top of a redesigned UI for the iPhone app. Merchants running the Square Register POS app on their iPad will now have access to barcode scanning with the ability to sync a Bluetooth barcode scanner, new easy order modifiers, as well as customizable kitchen tickets.
iPhone users of the Square Register app are greeted today with an all new design that adds new features such as custom tipping, smarter payments with multiple custom amounts, and a customizable item library.
Square just posted the video above to coincide with the update showing off how owners of Piada in Midtown Manhattan are taking advantage of the Square Register solution.
A full list of of what’s new in version 3.0 of Square Register is below:
What’s New in Version 3.0
New on iPhone:
- Item library: Add items to a sale with a tap. Build your item library to simplify and speed up checkout. Customize items with photos, names, and prices.
- Smarter payment pad: Add multiple custom amounts to a sale, add notes to each amount, and view or edit all amounts in one place before charging.
- Custom Tipping: Allow customers to enter custom tip amounts.
- New look: Ring up customers and edit settings more easily than ever with an all-new design.
New on iPad:
- Easy order modifiers: Customize orders at the counter and send them to your kitchen while your line keeps moving.
- Customizable kitchen tickets: Include a custom name or number on each kitchen ticket.
- Barcode scanning: Sync your Bluetooth barcode scanner with Square Register to speed up your checkout.