The free Kindle iOS app has been updated with free sample search, a “bring your own dictionary” feature, and other small fixes.
What’s New in Version 3.9
• Kindle Free Sample Search – From the existing Library Search, customers can now search Amazon’s catalog of millions of Kindle books and download free samples from within the app. New books are easier than ever to find.
• Bring Your Own Dictionary – Customers can now use previously purchased Dictionaries, such as medical, legal, or other translation references to define words in any of their other eBooks. Dictionaries downloaded to the device automatically appear in the selection list.
• Accessibility Quick Reference – Accessibility gestures for blind and visually impaired customers are included for quick reference and can be found under the FAQ section in settings. The guide has been translated for all supported languages.
• Instant Cover Loader – Book cover art displays quicker and more fluidly.
• Bug Fixes/Stability Improvements
One small piece of amusement: Amazon has sort-of included a workaround for Apple’s ban on in-app book purchasing. After reading a free sample of a new book, customers can now email themselves a purchase link …