The IMDb app for iPhone and iPad was updated today with a few notable new features. You can now view TV listings directly within the app, but the feature is initially limited to users in the US. Also new, listings will now tell you if the content is available on Amazon Prime and provide a link to starting playing a title directly in the Amazon Instant Video app (as pictured to the right).
Other new features in version 4.2 of the app include a redesigned showtimes page for iPhone and showtimes for upcoming movies being released in theatres directly from the title page.
Version 4.2 of the IMDb app is available on the App Store now for iPhone and iPad.
What’s New in Version 4.2
• US TV listings! See when and where you can watch things, wherever you are in the US.
• Amazon Prime availability! You can now tell at a glance when a title is available on Amazon Prime. If you have the Amazon Instant Video app installed already, tap to play!
• New showtimes page design on iPhone.
• For a movie coming out Friday (or any other day in the future and we know about it), you can get its showtimes right from the title page!
• Bug fixes, including a weird bug where your ratings history would show your most recently rated titles twice.