Infuse, the popular iOS media streaming app from FireCore, was given a big update today in the form of version 2.3, which adds support for several new streaming services, gesture-driven playback controls, continuous playback mode, and more.
The biggest new feature in this update is support for UPNP/DLNA streaming, which allows Infuse to connect to XBMC, PS3 Media Server, Plex, Windows Media Center, and other similar services and stream content from them to your device.
A new playback control scheme has also been added, which enables users to pause, play, rewind, or fast-forward a video or adjust settings such as volume with a quick gesture. The final big addition to this update is a new continuous-playback mode. With this turned on, a new video will start as soon as the previous one has finished—perfect for binge-watching TV shows.
A few smallers changes have also been made, including interface tweaks across the app, improved display of folders with one movie, download progress indicators, the ability to manually add artwork for your videos, and a lot more, as listed below in the change notes.
You can get the 2.3 update to Infuse for free on the App Store. Some of the new features require an in-app purchase of Infuse Pro.
What’s New In Version 2.3
We’ve been hard at work over the past 2 months, and are proud to announce the release of Infuse 2.3 – one of our biggest updates ever!
What’s new in 2.3
Connect with apps like XBMC, Plex, WMC, PS3 Media Server, and others to browse, stream, and download movies and TV shows right on your iPhone or iPad.
ALL-NEW GESTURE CONTROLS
Control video playback and settings like a pro by using these all-new, intuitive gesture controls.
- Play/pause – 2-finger tap
- Rewind – tap/drag left (longer drag = longer rw)
- Fast-forward – tap/drag right (longer drag = longer ff)
- Adjust volume – tap/drag up or down right side of screen
- Adjust brightness – tap/drag up or down left side of screen
- Adjust zoom level – double-tap
Enjoy non-stop playback for TV episodes, and other videos. When one video finishes, the next will start automatically.
AND SO MUCH MORE!
- Refreshed styling in many areas
- Single movie folders are now displayed with cover art
- Visual indicators for downloaded files
- Smarter calculation of when videos are marked as ‘watched’
- Better subtitle performance for some languages
- Ability to add artwork manually (use title.jpg and title_backdrop.jpg)
- Improved streaming for certain NAS devices
- Localization improvements
- Many UI related improvements
- Other performance and stability improvements
Thanks so much for using Infuse. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or @InfuseApp with any issues or suggestions.