Redeem-public-beta-yosemite

Earlier today Apple opened up its public beta program for the upcoming OS X Yosemite release allowing the public to download the beta build from the Mac App Store. Those who signed up for the program received a code through Apple’s Beta Program website, but a number of users reported experiencing an error that said their code had already been redeemed. If you’re still having trouble, here’s the fix from Apple: Refresh the beta program redemption page when signed in to generate a new code (here). That’s it. The new code should work when entered into the Mac App Store.

Apple doesn’t plan to update the public beta build of the OS as much as the version available in its Developer Program, but testers will be able to update to the final public release of Yosemite through the Mac App Store when it’s released this fall. Info on the release, signing up, and known issues are available here.

37 Responses to “Apple: How to fix Yosemite Public Beta code if it says already been redeemed”

1. macmaniman says:

we’ll be back soon

2. Matt Muelver says:

I signed up and I didn’t even receive a code at all today.

• Dan Eaton says:

You don’t get one, or at least I didn’t (I’m still waiting for an email saying it’s available).

If you go onto the Apple website to the Yosemite page you can get onto the Appleseed site. In there there’s a redemption page. You agree to the terms and it generates the code there and then.

3. Got that already redeemed message. Refresh wasn’t working, but per the advice of a poster in a forum, I found the download listed under my purchases tab in the App Store app.

4. benedykt50 says:

We’ll be back soon. We’re busy updating…..

5. did this and worked, the only problem i have now is downloading it keep getting a error, if i wait til things cool down i should be able to download with no problems since i have it in my purchases right?

6. This didn’t work :(

7. Dhruv Sahni says:

Guys check your purchases,, I had OS X Yosemite Beta 1 there (Had used redemption coupon earlier, but couldn’t update earlier due to low storage)

8. Mark Ferrell says:

it still hasn’t worked

9. ttss6 says:

The public beta is a lot more stable than I imagined. I partitioned the HD just in case if something crazy happens

10. Lotus Naga says:

The real fix is to use the Leave Program at the bottom of the page, then join back again. That will generate new code.

11. The purchases tab!Got it …thanks

12. No problem downloading/installing at midnight UK time.

13. Got the download (without any problem) but the speed is painfully slow and unstable. LOL

14. When i try downloading my copy it says an error occurred

15. I am downloading the beta, but forgot to backup my files beforehand, will this beta erase or corrupt my files?

16. listed in my purchases, but I can’t see how to install.

17. After installing Yosemite and having a crash, my MBP wasn’t recognising my HDD. I had to remove it, use it as external drive to repair and even though I tried another HDD to check if the problem was with the SATA cable which was working fine, it still wasn’t being recognised, I decided to format the disk and install a copy of Mavericks. All sorted out, HDD is working fine! But now I was trying to install Yosemite again and I get that error message about the redemption code was already redeemed. I tried to refresh the page as it says here but no success: the redemption code is the same.

What can I do now? :(

18. My code went into the redeem section of the app store but then didn’t start the download so now when I put it back in it say’s that its been used. This has happened twice.