Since its launch, Apple Watch sales estimates have either shown it as doing incredibly well, or that it’s doomed to failure. Tim Cook hasn’t announced any figures yet, and may not even report them during tomorrow’s quarterly earnings call. But that won’t stop analysts guessing. If recent “estimates” are anything to go by, the financial wizards in charge of looking in to these numbers have no idea what’s going on. Estimates are all over the place… Read more
When Apple reports its quarterly earnings later today, the news will be good, according to the consensus view of 47 Apple analysts compiled by Fortune.
Analysts are expecting the company to report earnings of $58.1B for the final quarter of last year (Apple’s fiscal quarter 1), representing 4 percent earnings growth over the same quarter last year. This would be right at the top end of Apple’s guidance of $55-58B, and the first time in a year that Apple would have reported year-on-year growth … Read more
- Full time employees went from 49,400 to 60,400. Retail was the bulk of that which went from 25.6K to 36K.
- Retail Stores up 40: 317 to 357.
- Ad spending up 35% from $691 million to $933 million.
- R&D spending up 36% to $2.4B.
- Leases 7 million square feet of building space 3 million of those are for retail.
- Apple owns 584 acres of land in various locations (including a future solar farm in North Carolina).
- Finally, Apple ended the year with $81.6B in cash, marketable securities and cash equivalents.
Apple remains the world’s most valuable company (after Exxon) with a market cap that this morning exceeded $300 billion, reports declare. On active trade on the Dow Apple (AAPL) rose $7 to hit a new record intraday high this morning — right now Apple stock sits near $330 per share for a market cap of over $302 billion. Read more