Admob has a very interesting data sheet out today with lots of interesting iPhone and iPod touch data. They measure data in terms of web requests (much like NetApplications)…some of the highlights below:
- Apple is now the top smartphone by Internet page requests with 10% of the total market, up 3%
- There is a small but significant percentage of iPhone requests over Tmobile’s US network
- Ad clicks in Asia and specifically Indonesia are literally off the charts
- Although it is in 5th place globally with a quicky growing 7.8% of handset data requests, the iPhone model has the market lead with 6.3% (they count 1.5% of traffic from iPod Touch devices).
- Apple has about 25% of the smartphone handset market in the UK, but is gaining on market leader Nokia who has almost 2/3rds of the market
- Perhaps most interestingly, iPhones are using Wifi much more than other Wifi enabled devices by a wide margin. The only other device on the radar is the PSP (and Nokia’s N95-6 series in Europe). This has to be good news for AT&T who bear the burden of the iPhone’s 3G capabilities. It is also a testament to the iPhones ease of switching between WWAN and Wifi networks.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.