You’re reading 9to5Mac — experts who break news about Apple and its surrounding ecosystem, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow 9to5Mac on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop. Don’t know where to start? Check out our exclusive stories, reviews, how-tos, and subscribe to our YouTube channel
(Tomorrow’s Just another Day by Madness)
Just some things to consider about tomorrow’s announcement:
- “..You’ll never forget” seems to indicate some sort of cloud backup of data. Perhaps music and video from iTunes in the cloud? That’s something that has been long rumored. Or maybe Apple fixes the DST bug (thanks commenter)
- AppleTV is due for the 4.2 Airplay video update. Airplay from the cloud seems like a likely tie in.
- There isn’t any media or ‘event’ planned. This will be a streaming event, if anything, only. That could be a tie-in.
- People of North Carolina, expect some lights dimming in the house around 10am.
- This will be something webcast tomorrow morning in the US. The timing indicates it is a global event, not US centric (otherwise why wake up at 7am on the West Coast – and show the time zones London and Tokyo? That’s a likely tie-in to the big news.
- Apple “clouded its website background” as retweeted by Apple employees.
- Facebook’s Email event is later today. Apple loves foiling other events with news of their own. Google has a smaller fashion event on Wednesday.
- What iTunes event would be complete without Beatles speculation?
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.