Apple has updated their iMovie iOS application to work on the iPad 2. The update also brings some features from the iPad 2 version down to the iPhone and iPod touch version.
(update: GarageBand too. – both work on iPad 1 as well)
Here are the new features:
Universal app designed for iPad 2, iPhone 4, and iPod touch (4th generation).
• Multi-Touch Precision Editor (iPad only).
• Multitrack audio editing with 8 themed soundtracks and over 50 bundled sound effects.
• Audio recording directly into the timeline.
• Audio waveforms (iPad only).
• Three new themes — Neon, Simple, and CNN iReport.
• HD sharing directly to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and CNN iReport.
• AirPlay support for sharing to Apple TV (compatible only with second-generation Apple TV; requires iOS 4.3 or later).
• Project transfer to your computer and compatible iOS devices through iTunes.
• Ability to add titles on photos.
• Option to add fade-in from black and fade-out to black.
• Numerous enhancements, including trimming in Video Browser, in-use markers, video rotation, and more.
- iPad 2 review roundup, notes of interest (9to5mac.com)
- Apple promises iPad 2 personalized setup at Apple Store, 1 AM PT online orders,, GarageBand and iMovie available today for $4.99 ea (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.