Apple has just pushed out a software update to the Apple TV and it’s version 4.2.2 build number 8F305. The update is likely bug fix related and we’ll update with more details when they are available.
Here’s the direct download link.
Update: Here are the updates:
Apple TV Software Update 4.2.2 features
|Audio||Addresses an issue in which audio is not output when playing some video content.|
|Video playback||Addresses an issue in which video is not displayed when playing some content.|
|Audio output setting||Adds an audio output setting for switching to 16-bit audio for compatibility with some TVs and AV receivers.|
|Live FF/RW improvements||Improves the performance of fast-forwarding and rewinding live events.|
|Movie description||Addresses an issue in which the description information is not displayed for some movies.|
|YouTube video order||Addresses an issue in which YouTube subscription videos were not ordered by date.|
Jailbreakers might want to hold off. Via MuscleNerd: (thanks commenter)
Apple just pushed out a lone AppleTV2G update…stay away from that if you’re currently untethered on ATV2G
- AppleTV Update 4.2.1 fixes flickering and other small issues (9to5mac.com)
- PBS iPad app gets AirPlay, multitasking support (9to5mac.com)
- Apple nabs THX Audio Genius from Lucasfilm (9to5mac.com)
- Apple location bugfix previewed in iOS 4.3.3 (9to5mac.com)
- Apple releases another software update for Mac OS X Lion Preview 2 (Xcode 4.1 preview 4 also) (9to5mac.com)
- iOS 4.3 jailbreak: Apple TV version released, iOS device version in alpha (video) (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.