An Apple Store Manager relayed to us that the new iPad 2 displays are able to turn into “normal iPads” with a few swipes in secret combination. To find out if true, I went to the Soho store and tried it out. Yep, it works. The button still doesn’t work so it is easy to get yourself stuck – like in Email Setup below:
I’m not going to post the gesture combination unless it hits the web but it does exist and Store managers know it.
Anyway, the moral of the story: Those are normal iPad 2s under the glass, even though they have different part numbers.
- Apple Store employees talk about the new iPad displays (9to5mac.com)
- Apple Store 2.0 gets official: interactive iPads replace paper signs, more (9to5mac.com)
- Foxconn fire may have affected iPad 2 production, Apple ups shipping times to 1-2 weeks (9to5mac.com)
- Yahoo! Messenger brings cross-platform video calling to iPad 2 (9to5mac.com)
- Explosion rocks Foxconn’s iPad 2 manufacturing plant (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.