MacRumors has posted renderings of the iPhone 5 based off information sent to third-party case developers. The measurements are 4.33″ x 2.36, which compares to the iPhone 4’s dimensions of 4.5″ x 2.31″. Along with the mock-up above, MacRumors also got their hands on a purported iPhone 5 case.
If these cases are correct (seen after the break), they point to the iPhone 5 packing a larger 4-inch screen, compared to the iPhone 4’s 3.5-inch. But, earlier reports contradict MacRumors, saying the iPhone 5 will feature a screen closer to 3.5″.
You may remember our case reports from July which showed the iPhone 5 having a longer and wider design. Macitynet.it also posted their case findings yesterday, which match up closely to MacRumors’ and 9to5mac’s findings. But again, there are those who claim the iPhone 5 will have a 3.5″ screen.
At any rate, why would case manufacturers begin spending millions of dollars to build these cases without any definite knowledge? Could the 3.5-inch design be the iPhone 4S and the iPhone 5 be slightly larger than 4-inches? Apple is expected to announce the iPhone 5 later this month, and the phone is planned to go on sale either October 7th or October 14th, with pre-orders starting around a week before.
- iPhone “N64″ prototype images leak- Could this be the iPhone 5? (9to5mac.com)
- New iPhone 5 cases indicate a thinner but half inch wider and longer frame (9to5mac.com)
- Apple’s future iPhone gets an FCC ID number (9to5mac.com)
- More evidence points to next generation iPhones carrying iPhone 4 sized screens (9to5mac.com)
- This is what 4.7-inch iPhone 5 would measure up against 3.5-inch iPhone 4 (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.