Business Insider says they have a friend who knows some Apple employees who say that the iPad 3 will have a 3D display.
We’re definitely not convinced.
What we have heard however is that Apple is working on 3G gestures which they’ve patented and could be used in iOS devices – though those would be more for an Apple TV type device.
There was an app that used the iPad 2 camera to figure out where your head was and made 3D objects appear on the screen.
Perhaps the person making up the rumor got those confused.
- DigiTimes: Samsung, Sharp already shipping iPad 3 panels (9to5mac.com)
- Parts shipping for iPad 3 assembly in January 2012 as pure PC makers plan to exit tablet space next year (9to5mac.com)
- DigiTimes: Apple exploring dual-LED light bar design for iPad 3 (9to5mac.com)
- ChangeWave: Better than one in five to buy a Kindle Fire this holidays (9to5google.com)
- Refurbished Apple iPad 32GB 3G Tablet for $399 + free shipping (9to5toys.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.