A new hack by a Chinese manufacturer will allow a user to make an iPhone 4/4S’s Apple logo glow. Much like the MacBook’s, the logo will glow once you turn the device on.
K.O. Gadget, the maker of this mod, said it can be done at home in less than five minutes. For $42, K.O. Gadget will send you the kit to perform this hack, but it would void an iPhone’s warranty.
The mod is easy because all you’re doing is replacing the back panel on the iPhone. The backpanel has a transparent Apple logo that allows light to pass through, but the key is the “light strip” that is added in. You can see the addition in the video below.
The light strip and custom backing doesn’t add any thickness to the device, because it uses the same glass material that Apple uses. K.O. Gadget also said there isn’t any over heating issues or battery life issues.
If you’re the adventurous type, this is something definitely worth checking out. Check out the install process below:
- Remove the 2 screws flanking the iPhone’s dock connector port
- Slide open and remove the rear panel
- Remove the 5 screws near the flash
- Lift up the power connector of the screen
- Position the light panel, then connect and mount it using the 3M sticker (details will be provided after purchase)
- Replace the 5 screws near the flash
- Slide on the included rear panel with the transparent logo (so that the light is visible through it)
- Replace the 2 remaining screws flanking the dock connector port
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.