Apple has long had a $99 program called One to One that provides setup assistance, training, project help, and more to Apple product users. The program began with a focus on assisting new Mac owners, but with Apple’s recent iOS device push, the One to One program has expanded to cover iPhone, iPad, iCloud and more product lines. While not completely revamping the program, Apple will unveil a series of important changes to the program later this month:
- One to One sessions can currently be scheduled for one hour. Apple will soon be adding a thirty minute option for users working on smaller projects or for users who need less help than others.
- A lesser-known aspect of the One to One program is “workshops.” These workshops gather a few users working on similar projects or are groups of people looking to learn about similar subjects. Apple will rename the “workshops” aspect of the program to “Group Sessions’ and will promote it more heavily than the preceding “workshops.”
- For users who need more time during One to One sessions, Apple has long provided a two hour option called a “Personal Projects” session. Apple has determined that 90 minutes (an hour and a half) is typically a sufficient amount of time for special projects. Along with a thirty minute time decrease, Apple is renaming the extended time program to “Open Training.”
- The website used by One to One members to book in-store One to One appointments will be redesigned with a focus on improving user experience and website navigation.
- In addition to in-store sessions, the One to One program offers a website in which members can watch tutorials covering many of Apple’s products. Apple will begin rolling out even more tutorial videos with a focus on improved comprehensiveness.
- Per @iDannyOcean, the One to One activation codes will no longer expire after a year. You still get One to One for one year, but you can start at any time.
These One to One program changes will begin rolling out throughout the month of May. The redesigned website is scheduled to go live as soon as Tuesday, May 15th, and while the rollout of new tutorial videos will begin rolling out this month, it will be a gradual process. Update: Aside from the website changes coming on the 15th, the aforementioned One to One changes are launching May 21st.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.