Walmart just revealed on Facebook and Twitter that it is cutting $40 off the iPhone 4S on Thursday.
According to the retailer’s Facebook page:
- Amazing savings alert–starting on 8/23 at 9am local time, the iPhone 4S (16G) will drop to $148, down from $188!
- Select stores, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon customers, while supplies last, restrictions apply.
With Apple’s next-generation iPhone launching next month, many carriers and retailers are rapidly slashing prices on iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S models. Walmart’s latest deal is available to folks with a new two-year contract, as noted in the ad above, or qualifying upgrade.
— Walmart Newsroom (@WalmartNewsroom) August 23, 2012
Let us know in the comments below if Apple’s 16GB smartphone goes on sale at your local Walmart.
- Sprint drops iPhone price further offering a $100 gift card with purchase of $149 iPhone 4S (9to5mac.com)
- Video: Next iPhone and iPhone 4S external and internal parts compared (9to5mac.com)
- iPhone trade-in roundup: Get as much as $500 back on the iPhone 4S, returns due as late as October (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.