AT&T just announced its version of Dropbox, Google Drive, Cloud Drive, etc., with the introduction of AT&T Locker for iOS.
The cloud storage app, as one might assume, essentially allows folks to automatically sync and save photos, videos, and other data to the cloud, and it offers 5 GB of free storage to new users. The content is accessible via the mobile app or on a computer through Locker’s website.
AT&T is just getting around to lifting the cloak off its new service, but the app has already been available on the App Store for six days. A list of key features, according to the app’s description:
- Photos and videos can be automatically uploaded to your AT&T Locker from your phone
- Easily access your photos, videos and documents from your phone and computer
- Easy to share to email, Facebook and Twitter
- Your content is secure and backed up in the cloud
- Store your favorite memories in a safe and convenient place
- Store music from your computer to your AT&T Locker
AT&T offers storage space upgrades to 30GB for $3.99 per month or 100GB for $9.99 per month. The free iOS app is available for the iPhone 3GS or higher. It is worth noting the Android version of Locker launched in September.
Check it out: AT&T Locker by AT&T Services
The full press release is below.
- After getting booted from Maps.app, Google is plotting their own amazing iOS Maps experience(9to5mac.com)
- iOS 6 Beta 2 roundup: Here’s what’s new(9to5mac.com)
- Flipboard for iOS updated with Google+ and YouTube integration, more languages (9to5mac.com)
- Adobe relents, announces CS6 upgrade offer for CS3/CS4 owners (9to5mac.com)
- Adobe Touch Apps hit Android Market, won’t run on Kindle Fire (9to5google.com)
AT&T Launches Cloud-Based Photo and Video Sharing App
AT&T Locker Offers Five Gigabytes of Free Storage
AT&T Locker provides users the ability to upload images and video to secure online storage and quickly share on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter or e-mail. Users can create and customize albums for photos and video on the device or online from a laptop or home computer. Customers can also store music and other files in their AT&T Locker storage. The app is compatible back to iPhone 3GS.
Users can make sure they never lose a photo again with Easy Upload feature, which allows you to automatically upload the photos on your device to the AT&T Cloud. With AT&T Locker, users can choose to upload new photos and video via Wi-Fi, wireless or both. Customers can manage those photos and share them through the app on the smartphone or on the AT&T Locker web page. AT&T plans to incorporate additional features in future versions of AT&T Locker.
“Customers use smartphones to capture special moments in their lives. That’s why we designed AT&T Locker to help you store those memories,” said Mark Collins, senior vice president, Data and Voice Products, AT&T Mobility. “With Easy Upload, every photo and video is uploaded directly to AT&T’s cloud, which can be accessed safely and securely anytime from a customer’s smartphone or the Web.”
For more information, visit www.att.com/locker.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
Requires compatible iPhone 3GS or higher or Android 2.1 or higher smartphone, or internet access from computer. You must enable the Easy Upload feature in order for your content to be automatically uploaded to the AT&T cloud. Download and usage from wireless device may consume data. Service intended for US based customers only. For terms, see att.com/wirelesslegal.