9to5Mac has once again scoured the App Store for all the latest app launches, price drops, noteworthy news, and updates, and we have compiled everything in a roundup below. Check it out, but keep coming back as we continually refresh the list throughout the day.
1. Dolphin Browser for iPad | Free Version 6.0 of this alternative mobile browser is now live and features a brand new design, one-tap share to social networks and email, saving options via Evernote or Box, Dolphin Connect, which is the ability to use Dolphin with Chrome, Firefox, or Safari extensions to send tabs, images, phone numbers, or directions between desktop and mobile and syncing capabilities for bookmarks, tabs, history, etc., across all devices, as well as Wi-Fi webcast to share web pages over wireless, and annotate options for drawing comments or pictures on a web page. Users can also now customize Dolphin and set the browser to open to a home screen or all tabs from a previous session. The latest version further includes various stability and performance improvements.
Download extensions for Safari: http://goo.gl/ZDWTq
Get more apps and updates below.
- Walmart now offers iPhone 5 on Straight Talk’s no-contract unlimited plans
- Apple seeds OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 build 12D50 to developers
- WSJ once again claims Apple working on less-expensive iPhone, this time for late 2013
- T-Mobile execs claim 100K iPhone activations each month, first LTE market to launch in Vegas soon (Video)
2. Dolphin Browser for iPhone | Free Version 7.0 launched today with the same updates as the iPad version.
3. Organ Trail: Director’s Cut | $2.99 Version 1.6.2 of this popular game includes a new expansion pack with endless mode, the ability to earn skulls while earning more loadouts and modifiers, combat training, physics-based mini-game and over 40 new road events. The update also features tutorial skip, suicide difficulty added, slightly harder combat, added ammo spawns during final mission, pickup frequency changes based on difficulty, rearranged menus, rebalanced events based on difficulty, added achievements and tombstones in main menu, the ability to tweet a tombstone, as well as a slew of fixes and improvements.
4. StumbleUpon! | Free Version 3.3 of this Internet-surfing app boasts a new Home Page with quick access to Lists, what’s trending, and social activity in StumbleUpon, as well as lists to stumble through, a pull down slider for cool facts about each page, and a quick refresh function.
5. Brewster Address Book | Free Version 1.5 of this alternative address book has an updated user interface for smoother navigation and search and sports the ability to sync Brewster with the iPhone’s address book.
6. Trulia Real Estate | Free Version 5. 7 of this real estate app features a new redesign with an easier way to distinguish newest properties on the market, as well as school and amenity markers on the map, and median price and school rating information for cities.
7. Words With Friends HD | $2.99 Version 5.8 of this popular word game went live this morning with many performance enhancements. The app’s description includes the following summary:
Performance, Performance, Performance!! Ahoy Wordies! We’ve scoured every nook and cranny of your favorite Word Game to find everywhere we can speed it up… and boy is it fast! Places to look out for the biggest improvements are loading the Games List and opening your Games. Additionally, we’ve made numerous other Bug Fixes and Improvements.
8. Mobile Mom | Free The MobileMom portfolio is a suite of iOS application for expectant mothers. The applications are compatible with both the iPad and iPhone/iPod touch. They are currently free.
9. Call of Duty Elite | Free Version 2.1.0 includes zombie data. More specifically, this app, which analyzes Call of Duty stats anywhere, anytime, now has the ability to access in-depth stats in Zombie Career to help improve chances for survival. It also now features the ability to track league play and get detailed summaries of division and subdivision rankings.
10. Bump for iPhone | Free Version 3.5.3 of this contact-sharing app now shares Dropbox files.
11. TWC SportsNet for iPhone | Free Version 1.2.1 of this Time Warner Cable live-stream app update tonight, and the change log includes the following updates:
- Made an update, so that your log-in information is remembered
- Added support for other TV provider log-ins. Additional TV provider log-ins will appear, as they are ready, on this version of the app.
1. Instagram | Free Rumors have indicated for weeks that Instagram suffered a steep drop in user numbers after the photo-sharing service proposed changes to its Terms of Service agreement last month that would eventually lead to monetization. The legalese caused a rush of controversy and threats from users who said they’d soon jump ship, but now Instagram has released new data to show no one has left and it is still thriving. Here are the stats, according to Instagram’s press center:
- 90 million Monthly Active Users
- 40 million Photos Per Day
- 8500 Likes Per Second
- 1000 Comments Per Second
1. FINAL FANTASY ALL THE BRAVEST | $3.99 Square Enix just released an RPG title based on the classic Active Time Battle system of the FINAL FANTASY series. The game features characters, enemies, and music from throughout the FINAL FANTASY series, and the ability to track a collection of every character, enemy, and item with in-game catalogs, take part in leaderboards and social networking features, as well as purchase premium characters and new game worlds.
2. Tin Man Can | 99 cents Chillingo released a new game yesterday, and the app’s description includes the following summary:
Soaring through the cosmos, unicycling HoverBot Tic was homeward bound when a wormhole appeared, dragging him and his ship into another dimension. Help Tic survive the pitfalls of four strange colorful worlds and gather enough scattered hovatrons and fuel cells he needs to get home in one piece.
Tin Man Can features real-time multiplayer racing, a shop for purchasing new designs and kits, 60 levels, one-touch hover, animated visuals, original soundtrack, customizable character, and universal support.
3. Rolling Stone Magazine | Free Rolling Stone just released an iPad version of its magazine so users can subscribe through the official Apple newsstand app. A full year subscription is $19.99, but a monthly subscription costs just $1.99 per issue. Users can also purchase single issues for $4.99. The iPad app is fully-native and boasts iTunes integration, as any music mentioned in the magazine’s articles sports a direct link to iTunes for sampling or purchasing. Also, Rolling Stone print subscribers still need to pay for the digital edition.
It is a time of war and chaos. Begin with nothing and end with a kingdom. SEGA’s Kingdom Conquest II is the epic free-to-play strategy game for conquerors. Dominate real players online. Unite the strong and crush the weak until final victory is declared. You decide who joins your cause or submits to your will. Kingdom Conquest II blends the best elements of card battling, real time strategy, MMORPGs, and 3D dungeon battles to deliver a massive and addictive fantasy war game like no other.
A few of the features include free-to-play access, four-player, co-op dungeon battles in 3D rendering, and the ability to raise and command a fantasy army and master new characters and skills.
5. Riven for iPad | $5.99 Riven for iPad, the sequel to $4.99 Myst, just hit the App Store (the iPhone version is $3.99). The game is huge, weighing over 2GB for the iPad and 1GB for the iPhone once installed, but it boasts the following features:
- All the original Ages & gameplay
- Highest quality images
- Improved music & sound effects
- Updated movies & animations
- “Bookmark” system to save & restore progress
- Swipe to turn
- Game Center achievement support
- “Hot Spot” hints
- Integrated Hint Guide
- Works on all iPads (1st generation to iPad mini)
- Angry Birds Rio | Free (was 99 cents)
- Angry Birds Rio HD | Free (was $2.99)
- Real Racing 2 HD | $1.99 (was $6.99)
- SHIFT 2 Unleashed | 99 cents (was $2.99)
The Sims 3 World Adventures | 99 cents (was $2.99)
- Weather HD – Live Weather | 99 cents (was $1.99)
- Weather HD | 99 cents (was $3.99)
- MADDEN NFL 12 For iPad | 99 cents (was $6.99)
- Animation Studio | $1.99 (was $3.99)
Photo Collage HD Pro | 99 cents (was $1.99)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.