A quality control employee at Pegatron posted the picture above to her Weibo profile (gone now), appearing to show a large amount of iPhone 5Cs in testing mode, as noted by Nowhereelse/Engadget. The following quote was attached to the image:
“The low-end iPhone 5C to be launched for Chinese consumers in September doesn’t look much different than the Xiaomi Phone 2, right?”
It’s odd that the manufacturer does not have a better setup for testing the devices, but Engadget notes that this kind of testing setup has been seen before during factory tours.
- Low-cost iPhone confirmed as plastic-bodied and not yet in mass production – Pegatron report (9to5mac.com)
- New iPhone production spurs huge growth for Pegatron even as PC decline continues (9to5mac.com)
- Working conditions at Apple manufacturing partner Pegatron come under fire (9to5mac.com)
- New iPhone with biometric fingerprint sensor seemingly confirmed by iOS leak (9to5mac.com)
- Gold/Champagne iPhone 5S shell compared to white and black iPhones [Gallery] (9to5mac.com)
- New photos claim to show Apple’s rumored gold color option for iPhone 5S (9to5mac.com)
- Rumored iPhone 5S production shots & specs: IGZO display, Fingerprint, NFC, 12MP cam (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.