The NFL will be launching a new NFL Now service later this month, and it will be coming to the Apple TV with a dedicated application, according to an image of the app in testing taken by an NFL employee. NFL Now was introduced in January, and it is a personalized NFL content application with on-demand highlights, extensive archives, and news broadcasts. Here’s the NFL’s official list of content coming to the NFL Now app:
– Original Content Created for NFL Now: From the NFL Media studios in Los Angeles, NFL Now will create original content — news updates, shows, features, and more — designed specifically for digital platforms.
– Highlights of NFL Action:NFL Now will have extensive highlights of the best plays from NFL games, including a premium instant highlights service during the game window. Subscribers will be able to follow along with the action so they never miss a big play by their favorite team or fantasy players. After games end, relive the highlights from every game.
– Content Produced by NFL Clubs: Each of the NFL clubs is constantly producing content for their team-specific platforms from practice updates to locker room interviews and players features. The NFL Now stream provides a next-generation platform to deliver this team content to fans.
– NFL Films Content: With more than 100 million feet of film in its library and more than 110 Emmy Awards, NFL Films programming, including America’s Game, The Top 100, and the two-time Emmy-nominated series “A Football Life,” will be part of NFL Now.
– NFL.com & NFL Network Content: NFL Now will utilize select NFL.com and NFL Network video content to augment each fan’s NFL Now content stream.
– Live Events, Press Conferences, and Shows: From league and team press conferences, to the Pro Football Hall of Fame induction weekend and the yearly release of the NFL schedule, NFL Now will share important moments from across the NFL calendar.
The launch will occur later this month in order for fans to prepare for the 2014-2015 NFL season, and a source says that the debut may even occur later this week.
The NFL Now application will be the first app on the Apple TV dedicated to football, but, of course, NFL content has been previously available via application such as ESPNNow. NFL Now will also launch on the iOS App Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, and it will be available on the web and Apple TV competitors like the Roku and Xbox. The NFL will also be conducting a digital push for NFL Sunday Ticket this fall, but there have been no indications that Sunday Ticket will, too, arrive on the Apple TV.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.