Over the last week or two Apple Stores started stocking these new app-enabled Christmas lights from Lumenplay both online and in retail stores. Similar to other app-controlled lighting systems, Lumenplay comes as string lights perfect for Christmas trees or outdoor decorations as we move into the holiday season, opposed to the traditional lightbulbs from Philips and others.
The best 4K & 5K displays for Mac
The lights work over Bluetooth 4.0 and offer customizations for light colors, timers, effects, a music visualizer, and more via a companion app from the App Store.
The company sells a $79 starter kit with a 12-foot strand of 12 RGB LEDs. The starter kit comes with the Lumenplay Controller hardware necessary to connect to your iOS device (which has its own 24-inch lead), and additional 12-foot strands can be purchased minus the controller hardware at the lower cost of $59.
A full list of specs and features are below:
FEATURES & FUNCTIONS:
- 12 C9 bulbs (RGB LEDs) on green wire
- Controller with 24″ lead
- End-to-end connection (up to 500 lights)
- 12″ bulb spacing, 6″ tail
- 120V standard plug; CSA-US certified Indoor/outdoor
- 16 Million Color Selector
- Custom Color Palette
- Effect Enhancer
- Brightness + Speed + Direction Control
- Music Visualizer: Choose your own music and colors, and create a personalized light show.
- Pin-Code Security
- On/Off Time Scheduler