After several weeks of testing, Apple is expected to release iOS 8.2 next week as it puts the Apple Watch on stage one more time. We reported before the event date was announced that Apple has been targeting the second week in March for iOS 8.2 release and passed over BGR’s report that the update would be available as soon as this week (which didn’t pan out). Ahead of the update’s release, though, BGR has posted release notes for an internal release highlighting additional changes to the Health app and stability improvements and big fixes.
Beta versions of the update have added blood glucose tracking and data explanations to the built-in Health app as well as support for pairing with the upcoming Apple Watch. We also detailed the planned “Companion” app used to interface with the Apple Watch earlier this year. This app includes an extensive settings panel for managing the Apple Watch including a long list of accessibility options and an unannounced monogram watch face feature.
Health App improvements
- Adds the ability to select the unit of measurement for body temperature, weight, height, distance, and blood glucose
- Improves stability when dealing with large amounts of data
- Includes the ability to add and visualise workout sessions from 3rd-party apps
- Addresses an issue that may have prevented users from adding a photo in Medical ID
- Fixes units for vitamins and minerals
- Fixes an issue where Health data wouldn’t refresh after changes data source order
- Fixes an issue where some graphics showed no data values
- Adds a privacy setting that enables turning off tracking of steps, distance, and flights climbed
- Increases stability of Mail
- Improves stability of Flyover in Maps
- Improves stability of Music
- Improves VoiceOver reliability
- Improves connectivity with Made for iPhone Hearing Aids
- Fixes an issue in Maps that prevented navigating to some favorite locations
- Addresses an issue where the last word in a quick reply message wasn’t autocorrected
- Fixes an issue where duplicate iTunes purchased content could prevent iCloud restore from completing
- Resolves an issue where some music or playlists didn’t sync from iTunes to the Music app
- Fixes an issue where deleted audiobooks sometimes remained on the device
- Resolves an issue that could prevent call audio from routing to car speakers while using Siri Eyes Free
- Fixes a Bluetooth calling issue where no audio is heard until the call is answered
- Fixes a timezone issue where Calendar events appear in GMT
- Addresses an issue that caused certain events in a custom reoccurring meeting to drop from Exchange calendar
- Fixes an certificate error that prevented configuring an Exchange account behind a third-party gateway
- Fixes an issue that could cause an organizer’s Exchange meeting notes to be overwritten
- Resolves an issue that prevented some Calendar events from automatically showing as “busy” after accepting an invite.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.