Apple today has updated its Apple Maps vehicles webpage with a list of new cities it will begin surveying later this month. Earlier this year we reported that Apple was using its camera-equipped vans to collect next-gen Maps data, including Street View storefronts and 3D images. Apple now has revealed 13 new U.S. that it will begin surveying later this month, as well as a handful of locations in the U.K. and Ireland.
Ecobee HomeKit Thermostat
Apple’s new cities are located in Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, and Wyoming. Apple will also continue surveying areas in Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New York, Texas, Utah and Washington.
Earlier this year, we revealed that Apple is in the process of collecting data for Maps in its effort to use in-house data by 2018. The company is also collecting 3D Street View data.
The 15 new counties that Apple will begin surveying between July 15th and July 31st are below:
- Colorado Denver
- Idaho Ada County (Boise)
- Indiana Marion County (Indianapolis)
- Kentucky Jefferson County (Louisville)
- Maryland Baltimore
- Minnesota Hennepin County (Minneapolis), Ramsey County (St. Paul)
- Mississippi Harrison County (Gulfport)
- New Mexico Santa Fe
- Ohio Hamilton County (Cincinnati)
- Oregon Lane County (Eugene), Marion County (Salem)
- Pennsylvania Philadelphia
- South Dakota Pennington County (Rapid City)
- Wyoming Laramie County (Cheyenne)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.