The day is here: Apple is holding one of its biggest events in company history. Apple is set to unveil a pair of new iPhones (the 6s and 6s Plus) two new iPads (the iPad mini 4 and iPad Pro) a revamped Apple TV set-top-box, Apple WatchOS 2, new bands, and Apple Watch Sport casing colors. We’ll be following the entire event from start to finish, and we’ll also be using this post to issue live updates of the latest information from before the event. We’ll be publishing separate articles detailing all of Apple’s major announcements, but this post will serve as a hub with direct links to all of them. Follow along with us, below:
– Tim Cook talking about the Apple Watch.
– Jeff Williams, Apple SVP of Operations, out to discuss WatchOS 2.0.
– Williams says new apps coming to WatchOS: Facebook Messenger, iTranslate, GoPro, AirStrip (Demo).
-Williams announces Hermes designed bands and watch faces, coming in October.
–Williams announces new Matte Gold and Rose Gold Apple Watch Sport models, new Navy Blue, Orange, and Red Bands. New Space Black model with Black Sport Band, two-tone leather bands, fall colors for bands.
-WatchOS 2.0 September 16th, new Watch models and bands today.
– Schiller up talking about the iPad Pro: 12.9-inch screen, full-sized software keyboard, 5.6 million pixels, full iPad Air apps side-by-side.
– New photo alignment and Oxide TFT display technologies. Variable refresh rate to save screen energy.
– A9X chip in the iPad Pro: 3rd gen 64-bit chip. 1.8x faster than the A8X. Desktop class performance.
– iPad Pro faster than 80% than portables shipped in the last 12 months. iMovie on iPad Pro delivers desktop class performance, 3 streams of 4K video.
-iPad Pro has 4 stereo speakers, 10 hours of battery life, 6.9mm thin casing, 1.57 pounds.
-Apple Pencil stylus is announced. Tons of technology built in. Charges via Lightning into the iPad Pro.
– Microsoft on stage showing off updated office for the iPad Pro.
– Adobe on stage to announce new suite of apps in creativity for the iPad Pro.
– iPad Pro, $799. 32GB. $949 for 128GB. LTE models available. Pencil is $99, $169 for keyboard.
– iPad Mini 4. $399. Same specs as the iPad Air 2.
– Apple TV time.
-iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus: Rose Gold, Silver, Space Gray, and Gold.
-3D Touch screen announced.
– Keynote easter egg: El Capitan September 30th.
-A9 Chip, 3rd-gen 64bit chip. Optimized for real world use, more energy efficient. 70% faster than the A8 chip, 90% faster at graphics.
-Always-on Hey Siri. Twice as fast Touch ID.
-12 megapixel camera, 4K video camera, front-facing camera goes 5 megapixels with selfie flash.
– Live Photos technology.
It is now 11:20 Reporters are getting badges
– Last night we published some last minute details on today’s announcements:
- iPad Pro pricing
- tvOS name for the new Apple TV operating system
- Details on new potential Apple Watch fashion brand collaborations
- The new iPhones will have always-on “Hey Siri” support.
– Reported packaging for a Product(RED) Apple Watch Sport Band has leaked:
– Apple CEO Tim Cook is live on the scene and his shared his excitement via Twitter:
-We’re hearing the new Apple Watch bands will be:
-Also new gold and Rose Gold Sport Watches: