This week Benjamin and Zac discuss the state of Apple Pay and CarPlay displays, the rumored GPS-equipped Apple Watch 2, increasing iPhone 7 hype, and glorious iMessage Sticker Packs coming to iOS 10. 9to5Mac’s Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
Note: iTunes (web interface and app) may still be propagating the new episode which could take up to 24 hours. Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Pokémon Go fever breaking as app analytics show that usage is on the decline
- Apple Pay rolling out to all Chick-Fil-A locations this Friday
- Apple removes the ‘Store’ from its retail branding as it pushes the experience
- Sony enters the aftermarket CarPlay scene with sleek 6.4-inch screen
- Report: Apple Watch 2 won’t include cellular, focusing instead on GPS for fitness features
- Comment: A ‘boring’ iPhone 7 launch for insiders still holds magic for most
- Review: Siri-controlled August Smart Lock is a key upgrade to a HomeKit house
- Sticker Pack example: Apple releases 4 animated emoji iOS 10 Messages sticker packs for beta testers: Classic Mac, Smileys, Hearts, Hands