Capital One today announced “Eno,” a new text message-based assistant that it says is the first natural language SMS chatbot from a U.S. bank.
The best 4K & 5K displays for Mac
The goal of the SMS chatbot, a platform others companies have recently rolled out for other personal assistant-like functionality, is to allow users to manage various aspects of their bank accounts and credit cards via text message using natural language. That means you’ll be able to ask Eno to check your account and card balances, pay bills, and get other account and card history and info.
You can text Eno to ask about:
- Account balances for your Capital One credit card, checking and savings account
- Recent transactions for your Capital One credit card, checking and savings account
- Capital One credit card bill due date
- Available credit and credit limit on your Capital One credit card
- To pay your Capital One credit card bill
- Your account summary
- Your payment history
- Your bank routing number
But Eno is not all work and no play. It even recognizes certain emojis: customers can send a “bag of money” for a quick summary of their accounts or send a “thumbs up” to confirm a payment.
You can’t yet send money using Eno, but the company says it’s working on that and other new functionality for a future update.
For now the Capital One Eno bot is available to a limited number of customers, but you can join a waitlist on the product’s webpage here.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.