This week Benjamin and Zac discuss the upcoming modular Mac Pro and Apple-branded displays, what changed with the current Mac Pro and why it hasn’t been updated since 2013, new pro iMacs coming this year, and Apple’s new Clips video editing app. 9to5Mac’s Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
Note: Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded as soon as possible.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Apple upgrades Mac Pro, promises radical modular models and new displays after this year
- Apple promises pro iMacs later this year, says Mac mini is a consumer/pro mix
- Running with Apple Watch Nike+: NRC is an effective coach, but app reliability can be spotty
- Apple’s new Clips social video editing app for iOS is now available
- Review Roundup: Apple’s Clips app offers promising & fun editing features, but confusing & difficult UI
- Potential specs for new pro iMac surface, 8K display & taller Mac mini rumored
- Rumor: Modular Mac Pro may not ship until early 2019, new iPad Pro and Mac integration planned
Sponsor: Blue Apron — visit BlueApron.com/9to5 to check out this week’s menu and get your first three meals free — with free shipping.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.