This week more iPhone 8 reports flowed in including an alleged dummy model and schematics showing an edge-to-edge display, no rear Touch ID, and elongated power button and more. More reports that mass production of the device could be delayed to October/November. And we discuss how Apple could easily solve its Touch ID ‘problem’ on the iPhone 8.
A report claims Apple threatened to remove Uber from the App Store. We get a look at Apple Watch NikeLab as the new model goes on sale. First images of Apple’s self-driving Lexus test vehicles emerge. And Jeff builds a GTX 1080 Ti-powered Hackintosh in this week’s top video.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
iOS | iPhone
- iPhone 8 dummy model surfaces with edge-to-edge display, no rear Touch ID, elongated power button
- KGI: iPhone 8 mass production delayed to October/November
- Comment: With the iPhone 8, Apple appears to be tearing up its own rulebook
- Purported iPhone 8 schematic shows vertical dual-lens camera, no rear Touch ID
- More detailed alleged iPhone 8 schematic surfaces, suggests wireless charging will be based on Qi tech
- Here’s how Apple could easily solve its Touch ID ‘problem’ on the iPhone 8
Apple Watch | TV
- Apple Watch NikeLab featured in hands-on ahead of tomorrow’s release
- Apple Watch SOS calls 911 after college student’s car crash
- Tim Cook reportedly threatened to remove Uber from the App Store in CEO meeting
- Apple updates iWork for iOS & macOS, iPad keyboard improvements for Numbers included
AAPL | Retail
- First images of Apple’s self-driving Lexus test vehicles emerge
- Comment: Today at Apple will convert a fairly well-kept secret into a key promotional tool
- Apple Store expanding new ‘Today at Apple’ initiative next month, Angela Ahrendts says [Video]
This week’s top videos |
- Building a GTX 1080 Ti-powered Hackintosh: hardware and performance results [Video]
- Apple shows off Dubai Mall store with ‘stunning views’, motorized carbon fiber windows [Video]
- New iPhone 8 concept video imagines bezel-less display, in-screen Touch ID & front camera, more
Happy Hour Podcast #117 |
This week Benjamin and Zac discuss Apple’s first major original series delay, iOS 11 rumored features including a new Apple Music design and Apple Pay features, and the latest iPhone 8 rumors including a new dummy unit leak.
Subscribe to get all 9to5Mac’s stories delivered to your inbox daily. And to 9to5Toys for the best deals from around the web.
Clock pictured in top image from 9to5Toys: This gorgeous desk clock is made with vintage Soviet Union Nixie tubes
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.